Sunday, January 17, 2010

Caroline's Bar

Hello everyone,

Today's card is a double challenge card. One of the challenges comes from my darling daughter, Caroline. About a month ago, the 365 Cards challenge was to make a card with five items picked by someone else. My daughter picked a tough five items but loved the card I had made. She was so taken with being involved in a challenge she created another challenge for me. She called it Caroline's Rainbow Challenge which involved an assortment of rainbow coloured items and a list of instructions. The other challenge is a new challenge blog called Raise The Bar which asked for us to make a card using something we had not used before.



I used a Halcraft card base. The focal image is glossy paper smooched with Caroline-designated Stampin' Up Bold Brights ink spots. I used a new Hampton Art Glue Pad to stamp Stampin' Up Itty Bitty Buds which were glittered with colour co-ordinated Martha Stewart glitter. I broke open my new Stampin' Up Mat Pack to punch the corner detail. The rainbow paper is mounted on a piece of Stampin' Up Basic Black. The sentiment is Stampin' Up It's Your Birthday.

I just love this card! Between the intricate directions and numerous options, this turned out to be a pretty clean and simple card. More to the point, Caroline loved the card too!

I'm looking forward to trying more challenges from Raise The Bar. If you're game, check it out and give it a try.

I hope you enjoy and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I believe you linked the wrong creation over on the RTB blog but I found you!! This is very creative ... love it! Thanks for joining us at Raise The Bar! We hope you'll join us again next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, i love it, wonderful colours, yet still clean and simple, really beautiful.

    Thank you so much for joining us at Raise the Bar.

    Suzi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a wonderful idea! I love that your daughter came up with her own little inspiration, and I dare say you did an amazing job with it!! The rainbow colors are just perfect, I am so happy you had a chance to break in some new goodies for it too! The black cardstock is wonderful as a mat behind it, it makes the focal point pop. Thank you for joining us at Raise The Bar this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this might be my most favourite card you've made since starting the blog. You and Caroline make quite the creative team! Do I see a future business partnership in the making?????

    ReplyDelete