Sunday, February 7, 2010

Boys Valentine Challenge

Hello everyone,

My card today is based on today's "Love Is In The Air" challenge from Stamptacular Sunday Challenge . They've asked for a card which demonstrated love without using a heart. Now this particular card is not for my love, but it is a commissioned card for the young son of a colleague (her older son will get the blue Valentine).


I used a Halcraft card base. The airplane is from Visuation Design and is a stamp that was once in my daughter's craft box when she was just a tot. I coloured it with a red Tombow and embossed with Stampin' Up clear embossing powder. The sentiment was stamped with letters, again, found in my daughter's craft box. I suspect they were part of an Inkadinkado set that I found years and years ago at Costco. I sponged the sky and sun and I drew in the OX string with a Staedtler pen.

This is most definitely not the type of card I usually create but then it is rare for me to make kids cards, let alone little boy cards. I'm quite happy with the playfulness of this card. I like how it is not a really mushy Valentine which I believe could be much more appealing to a young boy.

Please enjoy and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Cute sentiment for the card. Thanks for joining in at SSC.
    Hugs xx
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week:o)
    Hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card, I love the stamp you have used. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a PERFECT boy valentine. Love it! Thanks for playing at SSC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week!
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful card. Love your take on the challenge.

    Thanks for joining us at SSC this week!

    Hugs, Line

    ReplyDelete