Sunday, October 23, 2011

With Sympathy


Hello everyone,

My stash of sympathy cards has, unfortunately, become rather depleted so I'm working on rebuilding.


The background papers are DCWV Floral Prints. The flower is Eccentric Images Poppy Longstocking, stamped in Timber Brown StazOn and painted with a variety of LuminArte Twinkling H2Os. The sentiment is Stamp Barn, also stamped in Timber Brown StazOn on a shimmery gold of unknown origin and layered on Stampin' Up Dusty Durango. The embellishments are Crystal Stickers gold pearls. The card is highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.

I'm not sure if a sympathy card should be so bright and cheerful but I didn't want to craft something dull and drab. I think I went a little overboard with the Twinkling H2Os on the poppy as it looks rather muddy when I was trying to get the colours to blend. This is still is a great card and I know that it will be just perfect for whomever eventually receives it.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment