Sunday, November 16, 2014

Poinsettia Collection II

Hello everyone,

Today's card is the second in the 'poinsettia collection' that I crafted for a friend.


The printed paper is Wild Rose Studio A Robin's Christmas layered on a textured green Bazzill and Stampin' Up Ridinghood Red.  The image is Stampin' Up Christmas Blessings stamped in Always Artichoke on Whisper White and layered on Ridinghood Red.  The flowers are painted with LuminArte Poppy Red Twinkling H2Os and Pentel Sunburst Metallic Gold and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The sentiment is Stampavie Holiday Wishes stamped in Always Artichoke and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.

I only recently found this Wild Rose Studio paper and I'm in love with it!  The images are just so different that it gets my mojo flowing.  I didn't want to use a 'heavy' poinsettia image with this sheet of simple flowers so this Stampin' Up set was perfect.  I also wanted to use a horizontal stamp in the vertical, as is currently the rage, and this particular sentiment seemed to really suit the fluid lines of the image.  Overall, I really think this card worked really well.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment