Saturday, November 22, 2014

Snow Trees

Hello everyone,

One of my colleagues commissioned a very unique set of Christmas cards.  She asked for non-traditional, seasonal as opposed to Christmas, and predominantly sentimentless.  She did want one French, traditionally Christmas card in the set.  It was a tall order but a lot of fun to craft.


The printed paper is Echo Park Winter Wishes layered on Stampin' Up Baja Breeze and Close To My Heart Smoky Plum.  The images are Stampin' Up Gorgeous Grunge stamped in Smoky Plum and Penny Black Joyous stamped in Baja Breeze on Recollections White and layered on more Baja Breeze and Smoky Plum.  The paper and images are highlighted with Stampendous White Crystal Snow.

I do think this is a really great card.  It's not an obvious holiday card more like a winter card.  You could really use it for any occasion over the winter.  It took me a while to work out the image until I decided to mimic the trees on the printed paper by stamping really fine lines.  I also really love the colours in this card.  Completely modern and nontraditional.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment