Saturday, February 13, 2016

Hearts Of Many Colours

Hello everyone,

Today's Valentine was commissioned by a girlfriend for her son and daughter-in-law.


The images are Inkadinado Hearts and Verve Happy Thoughts stamped on Recollections White in Close To My Heart Ruby, Tulip and Cranberry, Colorbox, and Stampin' Up Real Red and Cherry Cobbler.  The images are highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen and Wink of Stella Clear 999.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Teeny Tiny Wishes stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The brad is of unknown origin.  The image element is layered on Bazzill Ruby Slippers.

I didn't want to make this an 'over-the-top' Valentine because it is going to a guy (even though it's her son).  I also didn't want to make this Valentine too masculine because it's also going to her daughter-in-law.  I think this is a happy medium.  I think the variety of hearts and colours adds a lot of interest.  I love the contrast with the smaller sentiment, placed perfectly in the sweetspot!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment