Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Holiday Wreath

Hello everyone,

Today's Christmas card is one of a series that was commissioned by a girlfriend.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on American Craft Crimson.  The image is Sweet & Sassy Seasonal Wreaths stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Recollections Vanilla and painted with LuminArte Emerald, Olive Vine and Poppy Red Twinkling H2Os.  The wreath was cut with the coordinating Sweet & Sassy die.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set, also stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Recollections Vanilla.  The card is highlighted with Crafts Rhinestone embellishments.

This stamp set isn't just a Christmas set so I often forget about it.  It's perfect for painting and I love how it mimics the printed paper.  I love the jaunty angle of the sentiment.  That slight angle adds just that extra little interest to the card.  I don't necessarily gravitate to circles and angles so I find this type of card difficult.  I found that the angled sentiment allowed me to offset the wreath which I found more appealing.  I found the placement of the embellishments not as much of the usual challenge so maybe I'm actually getting the hand of it.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment