Monday, October 9, 2017

Ink Blown

Hello everyone,

Today's birthday card is an experiment that I wanted to try after watching a YouTube video.


The background paper is a piece of Gina K White splattered with ink which was then blown around with a straw.  The sentiment was cut with Memory Box Happy Birthday Friendship Script die from a shimmery navy of unknown origin.  The embellishments are EK Success Bright Dots.

I was utterly intrigued by this technique when I watched the video and couldn't resist giving it a try.  It requires a pretty heavy base paper because it gets quite wet.  I also think the selection of inks must be carefully considered because the results could be iffy if the colours don't work when blended.  Blue and yellow seemed a safe bet to me.  I quite like the effect of the blown ink and I think the result is pretty interesting.  I'd like to experiment with different colours and base paper because I suspect you could get some really beautiful results.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment