Monday, October 2, 2017

Watercolour Tulip III

Hello everyone,

Today's post is the last of the watercolour birthday cards I've been working on for the past few weeks.



The background image is Hero Arts French Writing With Butterfly stamped in Altenew Frayed Leaf.  The focal image is Magenta Tulip which was coloured with a variety of Stampin' Up watercolour crayons and spritzed with water then stamped on Recollections Vanilla and layered on Stampin' Up Rose Red.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Avant Garden stamped in Early Espresso on more Recollections Vanilla.

A helpful tip to all, make certain your stamps are clean before using them!  I used three card bases before I finally managed to get a 'clean' impression.  For whatever reason, it doesn't appear that this background image was properly cleaned before it was put away and though I cleaned it once I realized the problem, it took a number of cleanings before the previous ink colour was finally gone.  What frustration!  All that said, this is a lovely card.  I love the pink in this tulip.  I also love the punched sentiment adhered on an angle.  A great result!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment