Thursday, February 22, 2018

Glittering Goodness

Hello everyone,

I'm back to posting the series of general purpose cards commissioned by one of my girlfriends.


The image is IndigoBlu Ink Plat Butterfly stamped in Stampin' Up Blackberry Bliss on Very Vanilla and layered on a glittered gold of unknown origin and Blackberry Bliss.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Express Yourself stamped in Blackberry Bliss on more Very Vanilla and highlighted with Gold Stickles.

I recently crafted this card for my girlfriend for her birthday so I thought she'd get a kick out of another card with the same image in her commission.  I really love this stamp and wanted to see how it looked in a different ink colour.  I choose Blackberry Bliss because it is a really striking purple and the Stampin' Up ink pad is particularly juicy so it makes for much easier inking.  I wasn't particularly happy with the Wink of Stella and Sakura Clear Star glittering the last time I used this image so decided to forgo that element all together.  The gold Stickles works well enough with the glittered gold paper so there was no real need to add more sparkle.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment