Saturday, May 7, 2016

Mummy's Card

Hello everyone,

It's my pleasure to post today's custom Mother's day card.



The printed paper is Close To My Heart layered on Pear and Hollyhock.  The images are Close To My Heart A Budding Friendship stamped in Versafine Onyx Black, Close To My Heart Sweet Leaf, Hollyhock and Juniper, and Stampin' Up Crushed Curry on Stampin' Up Whisper White, highlighted with Wink of Stella Clear 999, and layered on more Pear.  The sentiment is Creative Expressions Elegant Alphabet and Numbers stamped in Holloyhock on Whisper White and layered on Hollyhock and Pear.  The ribbon is American Crafts.

I never realized, until I got this commission from a colleague, that 'mommy' in the UK is spelled 'mummy'.  Last mother's day my colleague came to me on the Friday before asking for a card with 'mummy' for his British wife.  I didn't have one and didn't have time to craft one.  This year, he remembered to give me a couple of days notice.  I checked to make sure that girly was the way to go and was assured that it was, so I just kept rolling with it.  I love this card!  I hope that Mummy does too.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle





No comments:

Post a Comment