Monday, June 1, 2020

Delightful Daffodils

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a bright 'birthday' card commissioned by a girlfriend.



The card base is Recollections Vanilla.  The images are Altenew Build-A-Flower Daffodil stamped in Altenew Maple Yellow, Buttercream, Citrus Burst, Warm Sunshine, Fresh Lemon, Mango Smoothie, Honey Drizzle, Forest Glades and Frayed Leaf on Recollections Vanilla and cut with the coordinating die.  The background image is Stampin' Up Crosshatch stamped in Frayed Leaf.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Here's A Card stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The card is highlighted with Yellow and Diamond Stickles.

My girlfriend asked for a special card for her sister-in-law's 60th birthday.  She didn't ask for any particular theme but said her sister-in-law liked warm colours.  These daffodils seemed a perfect theme for this time of year.  I used every shade of yellow in my stash when I stamped them!  I didn't originally plan to stamp a background but when I was laying the flowers on the base, they appeared to be floating.  I love this background stamp!  Though rather delicate, it was perfect for anchoring the flowers.  It's a great result!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment