Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Two Step Poppies

Hello everyone,

I had a chance to go through my card stash and I've made a list of cards that need to be crafted.  I'll be working on them, slowly but surely.


The image is Rubbernecker Watercolor Poppies stamped in Close To My Heart Slate and Tombow 228 and 679.  The background was masked and sponged with Close To My Heart Whisper and Stampin' Up Crumbcake.  The sentiment is Rubbernecker Best Wishes stamped in Tombow 679 and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The embellishments are Forever In Time Pearl Strips.

I was in the mood for a simple, single layer for today's card.  I wish I had not chosen such a dark purple as it really covers the bottom layer of the image.  I do love the sponged background layer as it provides a wonderful base for this great poppy.  I also love how the image and the sentiment go over the edge of the background!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment