Sunday, September 4, 2016

Anniversary Acknowledged

Hello everyone,

My mother commissioned a special anniversary card for one of her high school friends who will be celebrating a milestone day.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on Stampin' Up textured Crushed Curry and Close To My Heart Clover Meadow.  The image Stampendous Calligraphy Cross stamped in Crushed Curry on Very Vanilla and layered on more Crushed Curry.  The sentiment is My Favorite Things Clearly Sentimental About Anniversaries stamped in Tsukineko Brilliance Pearlescent Thyme on Very Vanilla and layered on more Clover Meadow.  The embellishment is EK Success Swarovski Elements.

I couldn't decide to go formal or more casual with this milestone anniversary card and the only thing my Mom requested was that the card have a more spiritual feel to it - hence the cross. I did what I often do when looking for inspiration, I turn to the paper bin.  When I came across this sheet with the watermarked wedding/anniversary words, I knew this was the starting point.  I felt the cross image worked pretty well once I stamped it in the Crushed Curry.  I originally chose a more ornate cross image stamped in a pearlescent chocolate but felt it was too dark and heavy.  Overall, a beautiful card which can only be considered a win.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment