Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Christmas Simplicity

Hello everyone,

The third case is this current one sheet wonder series.


The printed paper is Stampin' Up Home For Christmas layered on Bazzill Cardinal red.  The image is Winterland Holly Cottage Cutz die cut from Mossy Meadow and Bazzill Cardinal.  The sentiment is My Sentiments Exactly Holiday Sentiments stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Very Vanilla and layered on more Cardinal.

As with holly images, I've got quite a collection of holly dies and this series is the perfect excuse to experiment with some of them.  This particular die cut has both a large and a small branch.  I couldn't figure out how to use the smaller branch is a pleasing way so decided to just use the large branch.  It was a good choice because I think this would have appeared quite cluttered if I'd tried to use both.  I really like all the 'white' space that is behind the branch.  The font of this sentiment is quite effective too, not overpowering so that 'white' space is still effective.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment