Friday, September 2, 2016

Worn To Bits

Hello everyone,

Another man card today, but styled so very differently.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on a textured red of unknown origin (likely Bazzill).  The background images are Stampin' Up Work Of Art and Gorgeous Grunge, and Close To My Heart Ink Blot stamped in Stampin' Up Baja Breeze and Early Espresso, and Close To My Heart Twilight on Whisper White and layered on more red.  The sentiment is Close To My Heart Happy Birthday stamped in Close To My Heart Tulip.  The embellishments are BasicGrey Metal Studs.

This piece of scrap printed paper really appealed to me.  The pattern and the colours in particular.  The distress aspect of the outside edge prompted me to pull out the different texture stamps from the stash.  I will admit, I enjoy using those stamps way more than I ever thought I would!  I drew on the ink colour from the printed paper and made two impressions per inking to work with the overall distressed feeling I was trying to evoke.  I also choose this particular sentiment because the font is distressed.  Again, working with the overall 'worn' feeling.  The embellishment placement was completely haphazard even though I tried to get them aligned straight.  Certainly not my usual but I like it!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment