Thursday, September 29, 2016

Pretty And Painted

Hello everyone,

As easy as yesterday's card came together, today's card was, to say the least, a challenge.


The printed paper is Stampin' Up Home For Christmas layered on Bazzill Cardinal red and Mossy Meadow.  The images are Heartfelt Creations Holly Berry stamped in Versafine Onyx Black and painted with LuminArte Cinnamon Brown, Jasper Red, Ruby Red and Sweet Alfalfa Twinkling H2Os.  The berries are highlighted with Wink of Stella Clear 999.  The sentiment is Rubber Cafe G-751 Merry Christmas stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Very Vanilla.  The embellishments are Mark Richards 3mm Gold Metals.

I never did figure out why this small strip of paper caused me quite so much angst.  I'm quite pleased with the results.  I was a little worried that the painted elements would bleed through the card base or cause the card to warp but I kept the paint as dry as possible while still being able to blend.  I blotted a lot!  Everything was kept vertical in terms of the layout.  A bonus of having a couple of vertical stamps.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment