Saturday, September 3, 2016

Birthday Whimsy

Hello everyone,

Today is the birthday of one of my girlfriends.  I always enjoy crafting her special cards as I know she really loves them.


The printed paper is Ken Oliver Watercolored Memories layered on Stampin' Up Almost Amethyst and Lovely Lilac.  The image is Elizabeth Craft Designs Peel-Off Stickers affixed to watercoloured paper that was painted with LuminArte Autumn Skies, Bashful Blue, Caribbean Mist, Moonbeams and Stargazer Twinkling H2Os and highlighted with Lavender Stickles.  The sentiment is Close To My Heart For Every Occasion stamped in Lovely Lilac on Whisper White and layered on more Lovely Lilac.  The embellishments are more Peel-Off stickers which are highlighted with Lavender Stickles.

This is another photo that really doesn't do any justice to the card at all.  It has a very soft and washed feeling.  It is also very, very feminine.  The colours are just lovely.  I wish I'd managed a better placement of the embellishments but the silver swirls work pretty well with the butterfly.  I think the lavender sparkle of the Stickles adds just that little bit extra because the lavender colour isn't at all harsh and the glitter is awesome.  I really love this card!

Happy Birthday Eleanor!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment