Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Sister

Hello everyone,

This Saturday is my oldest sister's birthday and if it's to get to her on time, I need to get it in the mail. I used Saturday's I {Heart} 2 Stamp Sketch For You To Try as a jumping off point. I also used a really fresh colour scheme because it's was something different from the traditional fall colours.


All the printed paper is DCWV Floral Prints. The white layers are Stampin' Up Whisper White. The solid purple and green layers are of unknown origin out of the scrap bin. The image is Studio G. The sentiment is Hero Arts Small Greetings.

I think my sister will love this card. The purple, green and white is a really classic colour combination that just turned out beautifully. I used a lot more layers than the sketch called for but I found that all the printed papers one on top of each other was too much but that little bit of white really makes everything pop. I also wanted dimension without adding brads or anything too bumpy because Canada Post doesn't like that extra thickness.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment