Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Vintage Greetings

Hello everyone,

I'm slowly moving into Christmas card mode. Today's card is based on Mercy's Tuesday Sketch. It also meets today's Creative Inspirations challenge which is Christmas in September.


The background paper is Creative Imaginations Tinsel Town. The red layer is QuicKutz Quick Stripz Garden. The green layer is Close To My Heart Ponderosa Pine textured with Sizzix Holly plate and highlighted with Shimmerz Candle Light. The sentiment is Expression In Ink 4-in-1 Holidays stamped on Close To My Heart Colonial White.

I picked up the Creative Inspirations paper pad at Michael's at the end of the season last year because I was really inspired by the vintage feel of the paper. I'm not really one to craft super vintage cards but the paper was really irresistible. I had not originally planned to highlight the holly on the green layers but I really like the effect of the painted Shimmerz. I think it works well with the vintage feeling I tried to create.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment