Friday, September 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Hubby!

Hello everyone,

Today is my ever-loving husband's birthday. My gift to him was a golf trip to PEI, so he has been away all week and I've sure missed him. He is a really easy guy to create for as he has a ton of interests from which to draw inspiration. He loves golf. He is a big American Civil War buff. He likes the NFL Raiders and the University of Georgia Bulldogs. Though I'm too late to enter the challenge, I used last Saturday's Waltzingmouse sketch as a jumping off point and choose silver and black as inspiration. He'll love this card!

The background paper is Stampin' Up Basic Grey textured with Sizzix Small Dots. The red layer is Stampin' Up Real Red. The patterned paper is DCWV Glitter Stack. The sentiment, Sweet 'n Sassy's Birthday Greetings, is stamped on a scrap of Stampin' Up Whisper White.

Silver, black, grey and red are a favourite colour combination. I like how the patterns work together and though busy, are not overpowering. I hope I can come up with a wonderful poem for the inside as easily as I came up with the elements for this card.

Please enjoy and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment