Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Simple Birthday

Hello everyone,

As I mentioned a couple of posts ago, I have a ton of birthdays over the next couple of weeks so I'm in that creative mode at the moment. I was inspired by a paper packet that I picked up at a Close To My Heart open house (thanks Sue) on Friday night.

The card base is from Recollections. The paper is Close To My Heart Good Time and a scrap of Stampin' Up Whisper White. The background layer was textured with Cuttlebug's Oriental Weave folder. The sentiment is Hero Art Small Greetings.

I think this is a great card. It would have also worked very well for the teen birthday card from yesterday's post. Unusually, I didn't use any challenges for this card. The paper was inspiring enough and I really wanted to use up some of the goofed card bases from cards past. I like the fresh colours and the textured background really makes this card more sophisticated than it really is.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment