Thursday, November 1, 2012

Dashing Dasher

Hello everyone,

I'm back to the Christmas cards that I've been commissioned to craft.  This is one of my favourites.


The printed paper is TOGA Petit Bloc etoile d'hiver layered on a blue/grey metallic paper of unknown origin.  The vertical strip is more of the blue/grey metallic paper.  The image is Stampin' Up Dasher stamped in Early Espresso on Whisper White and heat embossed with Close To My Heart Silver Pearl.  The sentiment is Annabelle Stamps Jewelled Tree also stamped in Early Espresso on Whisper White.  Both the image and sentiment were layered on more of the blue/grey metallic paper.  The embellishments are Close To My Heart Licorice Opaques.

On of the Christmas card sets I've been commissioned to craft is for a male colleague.  I had him in mind when I crafted this card because it's not too frou frou and he can handle a little bit of the non-traditional.  This card is very natural thanks to the TOGA paper. This Close To My Heart Silver Pearl embossing powder (which has been discontinued) is my favourite.  I love how it transforms a simply inked image into a thing of unexpected beauty.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. I've got to say it Gisele - this is an AWESOME card! Love the Dasher stamp and love how you made this card masculine, elegant and Christmassy, all at the same time. You knocked this one right out of the ballpark!

    ReplyDelete