Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Christmas Cardinal

Hello everyone,

I hope you enjoyed a lovely Christmas!

Today's post is yet another Christmas card crafted over the past couple of months.


The card base is Stampin' Up Early Espresso.  The printed paper is Bazzill Basics Countdown to Christmas layered on Stampin' Up Real Red.  The image is a Peel-Offs outline sticker painted with a variety of LuminArte Twinkling H2Os.  The sentiment is Flonz Merry Christmas 809 stamped in Early Espresso on Recollections Vanilla.

I've found this painted image in the stash of leftover bits and pieces.  I made it when I was experimenting with painting the outline stickers on vellum.  It made for an interesting result because the vellum crinkles once painted.  I was put off at first (hence it went into the leftover pile) but it grew on me.  The biggest challenge was finding a background paper that didn't overpower the image.  These small dots were a good choice because the result is great.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment