Thursday, February 21, 2019

Birthday Birds

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a pair of bird birthday cards.


The card bases are Craft Smith.  The images are Stampin' Up Wetlands.

The image on the green card was stamped in Stampin' Up Soft Suede on Recollections White, coloured with a variety of green Reeves watercolour pencils and layered on Soft Suede.  The sentiment is Close To My Heart Happy Birthday stamped in Soft Suede on more Recollections white and is layered on Stampin' Up Soft Suede and Sage Shadow.  The embellishments are Close To My Heart Round Durables.

The image on the grey card was stamped in Close To My Heart Whisper on Recollections White, coloured with a variety of blue and grey Reeves watercolour pencils and layered on Stampin' Up Ballet Blue and Close To My Heart Whisper.  The sentiment is Close To My Heart Happy Birthday stamped in Whisper on Recollections White.  The embellishments are Teresa Collins "Far and Away" enamel dots.

Not all these birthday cards can be florals!  I had an idea to stamp these images then use watercolour pencils on only one part of the image.  I'm not certain if this result was what I pictured in my head, but it's not too bad.  These two cards are intended to be more masculine cards with the neutral card bases and images.

I hope you enjoy these cards and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment