Sunday, February 24, 2019

Warm Butterfly Wishes

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a birthday card with a fun ink application.


The card base is The Paper Studio.  The image is IndigoBlu Ink Splat Butterfly stamped in Tsukineko Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate, Crimson and Rust on a white of unknown origin.  The image is layered on a pale metallic copper of unknown origin.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up It's Your Birthday stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.

I truly love this stamp but am never quite sure about the message it sends.  I've slowly been sorting though some craft stuff and came across the few Tsukineko cat's eye inks that I'd kind of forgotten about.  I really love the pearlescent aspect of the ink and these three colours worked wonderfully together. I started with the lightest colour, working up to the darkest so the blending didn't totally mess up the ink pads. I dithered over the sentiment for far too long when I decided to just use this one from an old Stampin' Up set.  It doesn't show up as strongly as I'd like but I can live with it.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment