Saturday, February 23, 2019

Delicate Duo

Hello everyone,

Today's post is another pair of sweet birthday cards.


The card bases are The Paper Studio.  The images are Penny Black Delicate Florals coloured with a variety of Stampin' Up watercolour crayons and stamped on Recollections White.

The sentiment on the blue card is Rubbernecker Best Wishes stamped in Close To My Heart Indian Corn Blue.  The card is highlighted with White Opal Liquid Pearls.

The image on the pink card is layered on Stampin' Up Rich Razzleberry and Lucky Limeade, and Close To My Heart Blush.  The sentiment is Hero Arts Thoughtful Messages stamped in Rich Razzleberry.  The card is highlighted with Diamond Stickles.

This pair of cards is actually part of a trio but I'd already posted the third card last Sunday.  These images truly are delicate and can be a bit of a challenge to get a good impression using watercolour crayons.  I often end up with multiple fails in my blue box because I inevitably spritz either too much or not enough water.  That said, the frustration is worth it with results like these.  I particularly love the large image on the blue card.  It's big enough that only a little trimming was needed for a great result.  I braved adding Liquid Pearls but instead of just 'going for it', I used a light pencil mark before committing to the final placement which I think turned out quite well.

I hope you enjoy these cards and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment