Thursday, February 28, 2019

Birdie Wishes In Blue

Hello everyone,

Today's birthday card post uses another lovely stamped bird image.


The card base is The Paper Studio.  The image is Magenta coloured with Tombow N35, 476, 493 and 528 markers and stamped on a white of unknown origin.  The sentiment is Flonz Happy Birthday stamped in Altenew Desert Night on more white.  The sentiment and image panels are layered on Close To My Heart Lilac Mist and Stampin' Up Midnight Muse.

This little bird image is one of my all time favourite stamps.  It's red rubber and takes both markers and watercolour crayons really well.  I've used both mediums and have always been so happy with the results.  It's not a large image so I try to plan the layout to include layers.  Though the sentiment is a little more flourished than I'd like, I thought it was a good scale for both the card and the image.  The layer of Midnight Muse was intended to bring it all together.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment