Friday, March 1, 2019

Sunkissed Wishes

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a birthday card that I wasn't sure would actually work until the very end.


The card base is Craft Smith.  The background image is Stampin' Up You've Got This stamped in Altenew Sunkissed on a white of unknown origin.  The focal image is Magenta stamped in Stampin' Up Early Espresso and layered on more Early Espresso.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Perfect Punches stamped in Early Espresso on a more white of unknown origin.

Oranges and browns are not a favourite colour combination but I've a number of these orange/gold card bases that need to be used and I wanted to try a silhouette style that wasn't black.  I thought the Sunkissed kissed background would coordinate well with the card base and the Early Espresso is dark enough for a silhouette.  Black would have been a little too Halloween-like.  I like this sentiment because it coordinates with the large oval punch and I thought, placed just right, would be a nice anchor for the image.  This is a great result even though I wasn't sure of myself the entire time I was crafting it.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment