Sunday, March 10, 2019

Cattail Wishes

Good morning everyone,

Today's post is another lovely natural birthday card.


The card base is Craft Smith.  The image is a stamp of unknown origin stamped in StazOn Jet Black on Recollections Vanilla and coloured with a variety of Stampin' Up watercolour crayons.  The image panel is layered on Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip and Close To My Heart Twilight.  The sentiment is Rubbernecker Best Wishes stamped in Chocolate Chip.  The embellishments are My Mind's Eye Remarkable "Handsome" enamel dots.

I really love this card.  As a relatively simple line drawing, I didn't stress about colouring within the lines and I used a wetter brush to spread the colour around.  It's much easier to be pleased with the final results that way.  I also love how the colours ended up quite subtle.  The pleasing pop of blue was somewhat unexpected.  The sentiment is perfect in the design 'sweet spot'.  A great neutral and natural result!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle


No comments:

Post a Comment