Sunday, March 17, 2019

St. Patrick's Birthday

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a birthday card that was commissioned by a girlfriend for a colleague whose celebrates her special day on St. Patrick's day.


The image is a dark and medium green Bazzill cut with a heart paper punch and Sizzix Hearts, Paisley Thinlits.  The image is layered on a printed paper of unknown origin and more light and dark green Bazzill.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Express Yourself stamped in Altenew Evergreen on Recollections White.  The ribbon is American Crafts.  The embellishment is Recollections.

Generally, I don't do St. Patrick's day cards so I had no stamps or stickers with which I could draw inspiration.  Thank goodness for Pinterest however because I knew there would be some great punch art ideas for a St. Patrick's themed card.  I found many examples but was drawn to one using small hearts for the stem.  The Hearts Paisley Thinlits was perfect for making these smaller hearts.  My friend was pleased and I hope the recipient was equally happy.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment