Monday, March 18, 2019

Sketched Trio

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a trio of birthday cards using the Stampin' Up Simply Sketched stamp set.


The card bases are The Paper Studio.  The images are Stampin' Up Simply Sketched coloured with a variety of Tombow markers on Recollections White.  The sentiment is also from the Simply Sketched stamp set and is stamped in Altenew Desert Night and Caramel Toffee, and Tombow 757 respectively on Recollections White.  The image/sentiment panel on the blue card is layered on a gold of unknown origin and Close To My Heart Desert Sand.  The image/sentiment panel on the pink card is layered on Close To My Heart Poppy.  The image/sentiment panel on the green card is layered on Close To My Heart Vineyard Berry and Garden Green, and a white of unknown origin.  The ribbon is of unknown origin and the embellishments are Mark Richards 3mm gold metals.

Unless I'm prepping for a class, it is virtually unheard of for me to make repeat cards.  I think this trio may be as close as I'll ever come.  I've made it a personal challenge to use stamped images for this commission of birthday cards so I've not hesitated to use entire sets to make multiple cards but I've always changed up the sentiments.  The sentiment in this set is particularly appealing which is why I decided to use it for all three cards.  These three images take marker particularly well so the images turned out beautifully.  I love the results and am so thrilled that the cards are similar but also so very different.

I hope you enjoy these cards and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment