Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Cheerful Cherry Blossoms

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a birthday card that had me rediscovering a stamp I'd not used in a long, long time.


The card base is The Paper Studio.  The image is Rubbernecker Cherry Blossoms.  The image was coloured with Tombow 772, 076 and 055 then stamped on Recollections White and layered on Close To My Heart Sunflower and Blush.  The sentiment is Rubbernecker Happy Birthday stamped in Altenew Moss on Recollections White and layered on more Sunflower.

I've had this stamp in my stash for eons but I had to dust it off to use it for this commission.  It's such a great stamp I can't believe I have not used it for so long.  I used just three colours on the image and it stamped beautifully.  I drew the colours for the layers from the image colours.  It's the perfect scale for this smaller sized cards.  I was so thrilled with the results I went to the website to see what was new.  I resisted!  It was hard!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment