Thursday, March 14, 2019

Such Pretty Poppies

Hello everyone,

Today's post is another birthday card using a stamp I had to dust off.


The card base is The Paper Studio.  The image is Rubbernecker Watercolor Poppies stamped in Versafine Onyx Black and Tombow 845, 856, 098 and 158, stamped on Recollections White and layered on Recollections Black.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Botanical Bliss also stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Recollections White.

This is another OMG result!  I can't believe I've not used this stamp in such a long time.  It's even a two-step stamp which is a real favourite of mine.  I love that the watercolour style of the image means you don't have to make an absolutely perfect impression to get a great result.  I love the reveal of black which seems to make the image pop even more.  The angled sentiment is fun and provides a great anchor for the image.  I'm still resisting the Rubbernecker website but I don't know how long I'll last.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle


No comments:

Post a Comment