Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Autumn Wheat

Hello everyone,

Today's post is the last of the French birthday cards in this commission.


The card base is The Paper Studio.  The image is Magenta stamped in Stampin' Up Really Rust, Pumpkin Pie and More Mustard on a white of unknown origin.  The sentiment is Bonnidee French Wording #1 stamped in Pumpkin Pie.  The image and sentiment are layered on Pumpkin Pie and Really Rust.

I really love this stamp.  It's the perfect scale for these smaller card bases.  I used three separate ink colours, applying light to dark.  This image would also be ideal for using the watercolour crayon technique.  The font of the sentiment is a little fussier than I'd like for these wheat stalks but it's not all together terrible.  I debated adding some ribbon or other embellishment but I really like the layered image and sentiment by themselves.  It's a great result.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment