Sunday, February 3, 2019

Swallowtail Diagonal

Hello everyone,

Today's post uses an image that I found in my stash of leftover bits and pieces.


The card base is Stampin' Up Really Rust.  The image is Stampin' Up Swallowtail stamped in Altenew Caramel Toffee (I think) on Recollections White.  The sentiment is My Favorite Things Brushstroke Expressions stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The card is highlighted with Copper Pearl Liquid Pearls.

I don't even remember when I stamped this image, hence why I'm not 100% certain on the ink colour I used.  I didn't originally plan to trim the image like this as I wanted a rectangular panel with the image on the diagonal.  I had carefully lined up the image panel on the card and once I'd finished trimming, realized that I'd goofed.  That said, I didn't hate the results so decided to just run with with.  There was a lot of white space for a sentiment and carefully considered drops of liquid pearls brought it all together.  I would have liked to add a layer but figured I'd frustrate myself trying to repeat the original mistake.  That's just the way it sometimes goes.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment