Saturday, August 10, 2013

Creatively Classic

Hello everyone,

A few months back, a girlfriend gifted me with a wonderful 6X6 sheet of paper that just inspired me with the natural feel and depth of colour.  Given how pleased I was with last week's cards, I decided to see how many cards I could make from this one sheet of paper.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on Canford Gold, Stampin' Up Basic Black and textured Early Espresso.  The sentiment is Hero Arts Everyday Sayings stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Very Vanilla.  The embellishments are Close To My Heart Licorice Opaques.

This is a very different card for me.  It is very dark but given the gold, I don't find it drab.  I actually feel the colours are quite classical when combined.  This photo, doesn't do the card justice.  I had originally thought it would be a suitable sympathy card but that didn't seem appropriate once I added the two gold blocks.  This strip was at the edge of the paper and I thought it was the perfect width for this one strip using a layout that I always enjoy using.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment