Monday, June 5, 2017

A Birthday Cat

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a card that I was planning to send to my brother for his upcoming birthday but once I'd finished it, I thought I could do a better job of it.


The background image is Stampin' Up Crosshatch stamped on Recollections vanilla in Altenew Limestone.  The second layer of background images are Close To My Heart Brushstrokes stamped in Altenew Arctic, Mountain Mist and Sea Glass.  The sentiment is Joy Crafts Saying stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The image is Stamp Barn also stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The card is highlighted with Avocado, Black and Platinum Liquid Pearls.  The image/sentiment panel is layered on Close To My Heart Black and Grey Flannel.

This card base, I don't know the make, is actually quite a yellow vanilla and I think that's part of my issue with this effort.  The brushstrokes images are all cool ink colours and while it's not a terrible combination, it's not great either.  I love the layers of the focal panel, the image and the sentiment but something just fall flat.  Not the most terrible effort, but I'd like my brother's birthday card to bit a little more uplifting.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment