Friday, June 23, 2017

Vintage Get Well

Hello everyone,

Today’s charity card uses another wonderful piece of printed paper.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on DCWV Luxury Stack.  The image is Stampin’ Up Faith In Nature stamped in Early Espresso on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more DCWV Luxury Stack.  The sentiment is Close To My Heart Sincere Expressions stamped in Altenew Pure Graphite.  The ribbon is Michael’s Special Value.  The pear embellishment is Marianne Design Flowers.

The most difficult part of this card was getting the image stamped.  I have to say, I'm not a fan of the 'new' Stampin' Up ink pads.  They either leave too much ink on the stamp or dry out more quickly than they should.  This was especially frustrating with this delicate image.  I must have made four attempts before I decided to try it with a 'second' impression which is what actually worked.  I added the delicate pearl flower embellishment because I didn't get the ribbon placed well and ended up with too much space at the bottom of the card.  I really love this card and will have a hard time putting it in the sale box.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment