Saturday, June 17, 2017

All Italian XI

Hello everyone,

Today’s post is as different from yesterday’s Italian card as I could possibly imagine.


The printed papers are Stampin’ Up Birds of a Feather.  The sentiment is Microsoft Word printed font layered on Stampin’ Up Crumbcake.  The banners are punched from Recollections White that was stamped with Close To My Heart Brushstrokes stamped in Altenew Dusk and Ruby Red, and Stampin’ Up Crushed Curry.  The card is highlighted with Diamond Stickles. 

I think one of the things that makes this card so very interesting is the layers of patterns.  It's subtle, but still visible enough to add interest.  I didn't originally intend to add banners but had planned a stamped background for the sentiment.  I just couldn't get it to work so punched the banner from the stamped background.  The colours of the banners are meant to replicate the colours of the birds.  It's a little strong for the subtle colours of the paper but I can live with it.  A pretty decent card given I was pretty much flying by the seat of my pants.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.


Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment