Friday, June 16, 2017

All Italian X

Hello everyone,

Today’s Italian card post is a little different that my usual.


The printed paper is Kaisercraft Elegance ‘Boho’ layered on Close To My Heart Juniper and Recollections White.  The images are Stampin’ Up Four Feathers, Close To My Heart gold heat embossed, and die cut with Sizzix Feathers Framelits.  The sentiment is Microsoft Word printed font layered on more Juniper.

I've always loved feather cards even though I resisted the stamps and dies for quite a while.  I really wanted to use this unusual feather paper and thought gold embossed feathers would be the perfect combination.  It's not exactly as I'd hoped.  I think it may be too much of a good thing.  The other issue I had was finding coordinating paper.  The Juniper works pretty good but I would have loved to have a dark teal as I think the entire card would have popped just that little bit more.  It's not a terrible card but I don't think it's necessarily my best either.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.


Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment