Monday, June 26, 2017

Bee Botanical

Hello everyone,

Today’s post is the last of the charity cards that I’ve crafted to feed the I SPI blog while I’m on holidays.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on a Bazzill Green and Mustard.  The sentiment is Stampin’ Up Painted Petals stamped in Altenew Paper Bag on an ivory of unknown origin and layered on more Bazzill Green.  The bee brad is of unknown origin.

For some reason botanical papers really appealed to me for this series.  As I was trying to choose a sentiment I thought it was time to craft a card with a non-standard sentiment.  I have plenty of these types of sentiments but rarely use them.  This sentiment needed to be quite bold as it has to compete with all the text on the printed paper.  I played with a number of different inks before settling on this dark orange because I didn't find black or brown was enough of a contrast.  I've had this bee brad for ages and I think it may have come from the Dollar Store.  The yellow on the bee was really pale so I brightened it up with a Sharpie and actually surprised myself with the result.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment