Thursday, November 17, 2016

Beautiful In Beige

Hello everyone,

Today's birthday card, which includes butterflies, is beautifully monochromatic.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on Stampin' Up Soft Suede and a vanilla of unknown origin.  The image is Joy Crafts 6410/0382 stamped in VersaMark on more vanilla and heat embossed with Close To My Heart Cocoa embossing powder.  The sentiment is Rubbernecker Happy Birthday stamped in Early Espresso on more vanilla.  The embellishments are Close To My Heart Mocha Opaques.

As much as I love making bold and bright cards, there is something about the softness of beige and vanilla that also makes me very happy!  This printed paper was in my definite 'to use' pile because of the butterflies.  I came across this Joy Crafts stamps at the local scrapbooking store (Crop A While) and picked it up because the scale is perfect for cards and the vertical aspect really appeals.  Unfortunately, it is a real bear to stamp.  No matter how I conditioned it, what inks I tried, the impression was bloody awful.  I finally decided the best way to get the stamp to work was heat embossing and while it's not perfect, I can live with it.  I don't mind heat embossing but I shouldn't have to do it to get a stamp to work.  I'll have to do some research to figure out a solution to the problem.  I'm open to suggestions so don't hesitate to leave me a comment.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment