Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Pretty, Purple And Plaid

Hello everyone,

Today's birthday card is all about purple.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on dark and light textured purple papers also of unknown origin (likely Bazzill).  The sentient is Serendipity stamped in Stampin' Up Elegant Eggplant on Recollections White and layered on more dark and light textured purple.  The butterfly is die cut with Sizzix Bold Butterfly Framelits from Ranger alcohol inked glossy paper and highlighted with Wink of Stella Clear 999.  The embellishment is Darice Gems.

I was so taken with the colours in this plaid paper there was no way I wasn't going to use it for a card in this series.  I really wanted to play up this plaid so chose to use a striking sentiment.  I have tons of butterfly options in my stash so it's pretty inevitable that at least a few would end up in this series.  I couldn't believe that I had a piece of alcohol inked purple paper that coordinated so perfectly with plaid.  It certainly speaks to the colours that I'm drawn to and the obscene amount of stuff I've got on hand.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment