Saturday, November 19, 2016

Pretty Patchwork

Hello everyone,

Today's birthday card is very feminine and wonderfully vintage.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on Stampin' Up Soft Suede and Primrose Petals.  The image is Stampin' Up Stippled Blossoms stamped in Always Artichoke, Pear Pizzazz, Ridinghood Red and Ruby Red on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more Soft Suede and Primrose Petals.  The  sentiment is Stampin' Up Express Yourself stamped in Always Artichoke.  The embellishments are Close To My Heart Flamingo Dots.

I love this vintage inspired card.  The reds, browns and greens always work well together.  The floral images, a great multi-step stamp, work great with the hexagon shaped paper, especially the all those dots.  As I was looking for appropriate embellishments I came across these pink dots which also speak to the dots in the background paper.  This is one of my favourite layouts and I've used this type of image/sentiment panel many times and am always happy with the results.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment