Monday, December 10, 2012

Pretty Poinsettia

Hello everyone,

I was having so much fun painting yesterday's image that I decided to try another. 


The card base is Artoz Klondike.  The image is from Harmonie, stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Stampin' Up Whisper White, clear heat embossed and painted with LuminArte Twinkling H2Os.  The poinsettia center is coloured with Y&C Gel Extreme gold.  The sentiment is Annabelle Ornamental Christmas stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Whisper White, layered on a metallic red of unknown origin and more Whisper White.  The embellishments are Teresa Collins Fabrications "Linen" rhinestone.

I was probably a little eager to get painting this pretty poinsettia as I could have done a better job with the shading.  That said, it's still a very pretty card and it was a joy to work with this image.  In hindsight, as I look at this card, I should have used black and red under the sentiment instead of white and red.  I would have been a nicer balance.  I really like this card and I know whomever receives it will also appreciate it.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment