Saturday, April 1, 2017

A Little Shimmer

Hello everyone,

I know it's Spring but I thought I'd try a Christmas card to see if I can't keep the crafting mojo moving forward.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on a shimmery grey and ivory also of unknown origin and Close To My Heart Outdoor Denim.  The image is Stampin' Up Nature's Secret stamped in Outdoor Denim on Whisper White and layered on more Outdoor Denim.  The ribbon is Offray.  The embellishment is Crafts.

It didn't seem all that bizarre to craft this non-traditional Christmas card.  I love the ikat chevron pattern and the colours are really wonderful.  The ikat pattern also worked really well with the vintage style of the stamp.  I didn't originally intend to add ribbon but this particular layout works especially well for a great piece of knotted ribbon.  This ribbon is has an iridescent shimmer that worked perfectly with the purple, navy and teal.  A pretty good final result that didn't require hours of agonizing decisions.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment