Sunday, April 2, 2017

Calling Spring

Hello everyone,

Today's card certainly came together easily so I'm hoping my grove is coming back.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on Stampin' Up Whisper White and Bazzill mustard.  The image is Stampin' Up Nature's Secret stamped in Altenew Warm Sunshine on Whisper White and layered on more Bazzill mustard.  The vertical element is punched with EK Success Bangle Chain Trim from a Bazzill green.  The butterflies are glittered, watercoloured smooshed paper.  The embellishments are Peacock Liquid Pearls.

I love this printed paper.  It reminds me of my daughter's favourite baby blanket - from 20 years ago.  This is another of the stamped image/sentiments I borrowed from a girlfriend.  I wish I'd cleaned it a little better from the previous impression because it turned out a little muddy.  That said, I decided to work with it as is and think I succeeded.  The butterflies were done years ago, when I first discovered this glitter technique.  They couldn't work better with the image and the printed paper.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment