Thursday, April 13, 2017

His Birthday

Hello everyone,

After finishing the series of plaid cards I decided to use some of the other great paper scraps that I had put aside as I was especially drawn to them.


The printed papers are of unknown origin.  The vertical strip is a Bazzill green textured with Cuttlebug's Happy Birthday embossing folder.  The sentiment is Impression Obsession Vertical Greetings stamped in Altenew Persian Blue on Recollections White.  The embellishments are of unknown origin.

I can't say why I found this particular paper so appealing but I think it's because it could be used for either a boy or a girl card.  I also loved the cartoon style lines of the images.  I figured it would be interesting to make both a boy and a girl card with similar elements.  As I was going through the stash of embossing folders, I found this 'happy birthday' folder and thought it would be as fun as the printed paper.  This vertical sentiment is also a lot of fun as are these cute little dinosaurs.  A great kid card.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment