Monday, April 24, 2017

Flakes In Blue And Grey

Hello everyone,

Today's post is the second non-traditional card crafted with the same image/sentiment as yesterday's card.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on Recollections grey and a shimmery blue Bazzill.  The grey layer was embossed with Darice Snowflakes embossing folder.  The image/sentiment is Stampin' Up Nature's Secret stamped in Altenew Desert Night on Very Vanilla.  The card is highlighted with Disco Ball Stickles.

Of all the cards I crafted, this was the one which gave me the most challenges.  I thought about it too much in choosing the layering papers.  I even spent time considering using the printed paper as a layer for the image.  Once I finally settle on these papers, things came together rather well.  I love the grey, and embossed with the snowflakes, it's really lovely.  I think my bottle of Disco Ball Stickles is getting old because it doesn't flow like the others.  It's very dry and I have to carefully manipulate it into a dot.  I think it was inevitable given the issues I had with this card.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment